- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Combine all spices together in a bowl and whisk together.
Cook and stir ground beef, chopped onion, garlic and green bell peppers in a pot over medium heat until crumbly and browned, 5 to 8 minutes.
3. Add a pinch of the chili seasoning mix over the beef, onion, garlic and bell peppers.
4. I love to add a 1/2 cup of beef broth to the pot for more flavor and to make it slurpy.
5. Let all of this cook for about 5 mins then add 1 16 oz can of pinto beans, 1 16 oz can of black beans, 1 16 oz can of kidney beans and 1 16 oz can of tomato sauce, and chili seasoning into the pot.
6. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are slightly tender and chili is heated through. (15 to 20 minutes)
Top it off with cheese, sour cream and Frito chips or whatever suits you.
Enjoy this wonderful homemade chili it’s one of my favorites!